ACTIVITIES IN TIRUPATI
The main objective of the project is to support the poorest of the poor ( especially SC, women), strengthen and secure their asset base, to improve income generation opportunities and quality of life.
The project is being implemented with the following objectives:
1.To create infrastructure and income generation opportunities of rural poor
2.To empower active groups of disadvantaged people and to support Panchayat Raj Institutions especially Gram Panchayats in becoming responsive and effective in planning and implementing various government schemes.
3.To provide employment opportunities for rural educated, unemployed youth.
Mulberry Cultivation and Silk work Rearing along with Training and Demonstration in the above subjects to the farmers, Newcomers, Students and Research Scholars.
- Horticulture – Training & Demonstration.
- Formation of Farmers Clubs / Self Help Groups / Women Groups.
- Vocational and Skills Training to Women and Educated girls in Typewriting, Silk reeling, silk Twisting, Silk Weaving, Vermicomposting etc..
- A soil to silk production centre under one roof.
- A miniature Cattle Rearing Unit for Multiplication or crossbreed cows.
- A vermiculture Unit with 12 tonnes Vermicompost per month capacity.
- Humanitarian help to the aged, Handicapped , Destitutes and School children.